Covid-19 Precautions, preparations and procedures.
Covid-19 has forced us all to work differently and think more carefully about how we and interact. Safely welcoming guests to Willowbank House has always been our priority. The addition of specific infection prevention and control measures has added an additional dimension to how we provide a safe, enjoyable and memorable stays. We have worked hard to create a Covid secure environment and we want you to feel, and be, safe when you stay with us.
We want you to be able to visit us in the confidence that Covid security is our top priority. This is closely followed by providing an outstanding guest experience, naturally. We feel, in the current climate, prioritising health and wellbeing will allow us to play a positive part in the process of getting relaxing breaks, escapes to the country, fishing trips, hiking weekends and all the rest, back to where they should be. On the horizon bringing giddy excitement or in our fond memories.
We have outline how we plan to achieve this below, we hope this provides the re-assurance required for you to book in confidence. If the information below does not answer your questions or concerns, we welcome the opportunity to speak to you directly by either contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 28 6632 8582.
Willowbank House has a long standing reputation for cleanliness, exemplary service, housekeeping, health and safety. We have always taken these operational fundamentals seriously, we have now re-focused and filtered our operational lens to factor in HM Government, Public Health and Tourism NI guidelines.
This analysis and actioning of guidelines has taken time to get right, however, we have brought about processes that are in full compliance with the advice and we continue to monitor any changes. We constantly review output from these key governing bodies so we can learn, improve and prevent transmission. This level of commitment to getting us back on track requires commitment and co-operation from all stakeholders - our guests, our staff and our business partners. Only through our collective efforts can we successfully combat the spread of Covid-19 and keep each other safe and healthy.
- All staff will be required to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) every 20 minutes, or after cleaning each room/public area, which ever is the sooner, this is in addition to our usual hand hygiene guidelines for staff.
- All staff will be required to stay at home if unwell.
- All staff will be required to follow official guidance on self-isolating
- All staff will be required to wear PPE as appropriate and in accordance with HM Government Guidelines.
- Staff will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
Our Bed and Breakfast
- The highest food safety standards will continue to be maintained as per normal.
- Social distancing measures will be in place in all common areas and the guest lounge will only be occupied by one room or family at a time.
- Enhanced cleaning programme in public areas with an increased frequency in sanitisation of high touch areas.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at every doorway and throughout the public areas.
- Housekeeping will be available on request only. Guests to vacate room and open window(s) prior to housekeeping staff entering.
- If your room is not being serviced, we would be grateful if you could leave sealed / tied bags of rubbish outside room daily for collection.
- If you require any amenities for replenishment, such as bottled water and toiletries, these will to be left outside your room on request for your collection.
- The guest laundry service will be suspended until further notice.
- Our check in and out procedure will have limited contact with staff. Your room key will have been sanitised and left in your room for you.
- Games, books, maps etc. are still available in the guest areas. Please feel free to use but leave out to one side so we can sanitise them prior to returning to the bookcases.
- Luggage handling support will only be offered to guests who are unable to manage their own case.
Food & Beverage - Bed and Breakfast
- We may expand breakfast hours during higher occupancy periods. We are also operating a “timed breakfast” policy to encourage social distancing and minimise potential multiple movements in the dining areas. Therefore, we are asking guests to choose an available time slot that we will agree with you on arrival. We hope to achieve a time that suits all guests through 'natural selection', but may have to allocate a time.
- We will limit table linens and have established strict table / chair sanitisation procedures between guest seating periods.
- We have suspended all buffets. Breakfast will be available from a pre-order menu. A ‘breakfast in a bag’ option is available for bedroom / outdoor consumption. (This is not room service and the breakfast will be a continental style)
- Salt and pepper shakers and sugar sticks / bowls will be sanitised after each use.
- The dining room will be set for breakfast in the evening. Please don't remove any items from the tables.
Our commitment to you
- Our staff have, and will, receive ongoing training.
- We will provide signage to help you comply with the rules, and, work to ensure this does not detract from your experience of Willowbank House, where at all possible.
- We will work within the guidelines ourselves and be role models for the behaviour that will get us through the Pandemic.
- Our staff have new “no contact” protocols – including handshakes
All staff are required to:
- Stay home when unwell.
- Stay home if anyone in their household or support bubble is displaying Covid-19 symptoms.
- Practice good personal hygiene including regular hand washing.
- Maintain social distance
- Wear PPE where appropriate and in accordance with HM Government Guidelines.
- Follow our Covid-19 procedures and challenge each other if poor habits are identified.
- We will continue to learn and improve as a result of this learning.